What I wore to...


...sewing class. A terrible shot I know. I'll have to ask someone to take my picture. I wonder if my Mum will for me, or whether she'll just laugh at me.

As you can (perhaps) see from the shot I am a size 16-18 (UK and Australia). This means it can be rather difficult for me to find actual vintage clothes that fit well. Here I am wearing a mixture of both.

Top: Dorothy Perkins Shell top
Skirt: Vintage
Tie: Made by me
Beret: Jendi
Belt: Crossroads

Here is a shot of my shoes:

Heeled Oxfords from Target.
Not my most comfortable shoes, but rather sweet.

My tip for bigger girls. If it is sloppy, belt it! Too many shapely girls wear oversized clothes in an attempt to hide their figure. It doesn't work! The silhouette just looks lumpy and poorly fitted. If you are an apple shape (bigger belly) like I am, then belt high. Pears (bigger hips) can create a lovely shape by belting in the middle. By belting I can guarantee your outfit does more to highlight the good parts of your figure. We all have a shape, and until we can accept that shape and work with it our clothes will do nothing to conceal our flaws.

Au revoir

N x

Comments

Popular Posts